Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Farrell family joins the race effort with sponsorship

The Farrell family are the newest sponsors on the Longus Motorsports Buell XB12R racebike. Clair and Mike are family friends and when they offered to help out with our racing expenses my wife and I were both a little shocked but they insisted so the Farrell Family decals will be on the bike by the time we leave for Hastings.

Thank you, Clair and Mike!!

Speaking of the racebike, ace Buell tech Reese Murphy at Silver Eagle Harley-Davidson/Buell diagnosed that my ailling bike had an intake leak on the throttle body caused by guess what, ME! When I changed spark plugs I inadvertantly failed to properly snug down the throttle body velocity stack which caused a high speed lean out condition which made the bike fall flat on it's face when I applied full throttle. Fortunately, it was an easy fix and now the bike is ready for battle!!

Thanks you, Reese!!

No comments: