Monday, June 23, 2008

Hastings race report

Race Report
Volume 3, #2
Motorsport Park - Hastings / June 21 - 22, 2008

Troy Walbaum, Dave Abbas and I headed to Hastings Nebraska for the race school on Saturday and CCS Great Plains racing on Sunday. The “Smooth Speed School” was a great experience on Saturday as all three of us did the school together with our instructor who is the 2007, #1 plate holder. The last school session was a disaster for me as I have now experienced the dreaded “high side” as I was attempting a pass on one of the last laps before lunch. The bike survived with very minor rash and I’m fine except for some deep tissue bruising on my right side but no broken bones!! I decided to pass on racing Sunday and concentrate on healing up.

It’s been a disappointing session for me so far but now I’m focused on getting ready for the Road America rounds in a few weeks so Dave and I were Troy’s pit crew for the Sunday Great Plains races.
I really appreciate all the folks who have supporting me even though I haven't been able to show the race results I'd hoped to have by now.

Thanks again to Jon Kahrs (AMSOIL), Klingenborg Farms and the Farrell family.

No comments: