Thursday, October 15, 2009

Very sad news from Buell Motorcycle Company

Buell Motorcycle Company has been dissolved and will discontinue building motorcycles immediately.

http://www.buell.com/en_us/

Well to say this news is devastating is an understatement. I have gotten to know Erik Buell, in fact Janet and I spent most of our evening sitting by him, visiting and laughing at the Red Flag Fund auction at Blackhawk Farms just a few weeks ago. He is an extremely passionate guy and was teasing us about new models coming in 2010 so I know this news must have hit him really hard and fast.

I want all our friends to know that I will continue to campaign my Buell XB12R in CCS competition as it is an extremely competitive motorcycle in the classes I compete in and the only bike I care to race. My only hope for Buell is that someone out there with the means to revive the brand will come forward to continue production of the only American sportbike brand available.

No comments: